Tuesday 21 April 2015

settling in

Since we arrived last Thursday night, we have spent our time unpacking boxes and generally getting settled. It took me a few days to get the motorcycle running - the battery was flat, and even after charging it, I needed to use a booster battery to jump start it first time; then it ran just fine.

All our electrical appliances and lamps were on UK plugs; I have changed over a dozen plugs to French types in the last couple of days. I'm still trying to configure a new colour laser printer, since it calls itself wireless, but I think I may need a cable to get it going, and a cable was not supplied. That will be a trip into Perpignan unless there is a media and cable shop in CĂ©ret.

It took a fair time to find things that had been packed away into boxes, and then put away into cupboards. I've unpacked the canvas rail hanging system and this needs mounting high up on the garage walls - I think I need two people to do this since I shall have to draw a horizontal line all around the garage and then mark and drill screw holes up a ladder.

Carol has been hanging curtains; she already made bedroom curtains to fit, but did not bring enough curtain rings.

I think it will take us all this week to get organised.

No comments:

Post a Comment