Wednesday 22 April 2015

Putting up the canvas hanging system

I went down to the bank this morning and changed our account address now that I have a utility bill and proof of residence. It took a couple of minutes, thanks to banking locally.

Then I spent the rest of the day drilling holes in the garage for the rail from which will hang all my paintings. It was quite fiddly, and had to run at a particular height, dictated by the beam above the washing machine and tumble dryer alcove. The rail will also hang a length of fabric to cover the appliance alcove. I hung one canvas to test the system, and will fix the rest of the paintings tomorrow.

It is a clever system, with white metal hooks that clip onto the rail, and another which can be at any length on a clear plastic wire which grabs the little metal bracket screwed to the back of the canvas.


No comments:

Post a Comment