Tuesday 28 April 2015

the Art gallery takes shape

I had to go into Perpignan to get a few more plastic wires and weighted hooks to finish hanging painted canvases. There are now 33 paintings hanging in the gallery, and one patchwork quilt in the studio. The thin framed canvases lie better against the wall. Hopefully there are enough examples to help clients decide what style of portrait they would like, and to suit a variety of budgets.


I've included a few of Sarah's paintings as I think they will sell easily and it should encourage her to produce a few more. I really like the shoe series, and I think they would do well blown up a few sizes, perhaps a 50cm square canvas.




The quilt is on the large wall above my desk in the studio.


We plan to put another large quilt on the opposite wall, or a series of baby's quilts.


There is now a discrete sign above the door.


Carol was getting frustrated with the length of the curtains since they are so long, it was difficult to get them the same length. Anyway there is no urgency, and I think they will look fab.


However, Carol was much happier at her new sewing machine....and the lounge curtains hang nicely from their new wider pole.


No comments:

Post a Comment